Valentine’s Day can be a great way to show your sweetheart how much you care, but it can be difficult if you live far away. It’s easy to feel disconnected when your loved one is miles away, but there are still ways for you to make the day special. For those looking into how to celebrate Valentine’s Day long distance, with some creative thinking and a little extra effort, you can make Valentine’s day a memorable occasion even from afar! Here are some tips and ideas on how to celebrate Valentine’s Day long distance.
Ideas on How to Celebrate Valentine’s Day Long Distance
Send Your Valentine a Care Package
A Valentine’s Day care package is the perfect way to show your special someone how much you care by truly paying attention and make them feel extra loved. Here are some ideas of what to include in a Valentine’s Day care package:
- A box of chocolates or their favorite snack
- A romantic movie for an at-home date night
- An album or collage of photos featuring special memories together
- A heartfelt gift such as jewelry, lingerie, perfume or cologne
- Candles, bubble bath, and massage oils for a relaxing evening
- Anything else that will make them smile!
Hire a Violinist to Play a Virtual Serenade for Your Valentine
We might be biased, but with good reason! A romantic serenade is the perfect way to show your special someone how much you love them and make them feel extra special this Valentine’s Day. And if you are far away, a serenade will be both unexpected and extra special. We almost always get tears when someone books a virtual serenade through us and see the biggest smiles from those who receive one.
Here are some reasons why a serenade is the perfect gift:
- It shows you care enough to put in the extra effort.
- You can personalize it with your favorite song.
- It’s an opportunity for you to express your feelings without saying a word.
- Singing is a great way to be creative and have fun together.
- Music often has so much emotion that words can’t describe, making it perfect for expressing your love for one another.
- It will make for an unforgettable Valentine’s Day memory!
Here’s What a Virtual Violin Serenade Can Look Like:
Set Up a Video Call Dinner Date
When you’re miles apart from your loved one, a video call dinner date can be the perfect way to stay connected and still make it special. Here are some ideas for setting up a virtual Valentine’s Day dinner date:
- Decorate: Make your virtual space romantic by creating a cozy atmosphere with candles and decorations.
- Pick a menu: Choose food that both of you love and cook together over video chat or order in from the same restaurant!
- Create custom place cards: Printable cards are an easy way to make each other feel special while also adding a personal touch to your virtual table.
- Use props: Have props ready like glasses of champagne, flowers, and chocolates to give off the real-life feeling!
- Enjoy a show: Curate a movie night with your favorite romantic comedy or create your own watchlist for the night!
- Plan an activity: You can play games such as Pictionary or charades if you want an extra bit of fun added to the evening!
Exchange Heartfelt Letters
Writing love letters is a great way to show your special someone how much you care. Let them know how much they mean to you even when you can’t be together by expressing yourself through words on paper. If you’re not much of a writer, don’t worry! Check out this website for tips on how to write the perfect love letter. There are also lots of examples and templates that you can reference if needed to help express your feelings in the most romantic way possible!
Make Them a Playlist
Compile some songs that remind you of each other and share why this particular music speaks to both of you so much. And don’t worry, creating the perfect Valentine’s Day playlist doesn’t have to be difficult! Here are some tips to make sure your loved one enjoys your selection of songs:
- Choose a variety of genres that you both enjoy listening to.
- Include classic love songs as well as the latest hits.
- Include some upbeat and romantic songs so that you can dance together!
- Pick some slow, intimate songs for a romantic dinner or night in.
- Look for music that has special meaning or memories for both of you.
- Check out streaming services such as Spotify and Youtube for playlists tailored specifically to Valentine’s Day.